Today we are excited to launch BirdsEye Hotspots, a new app from Birds in the Hand (the publishers of BirdsEye and BirdLog apps) that gives you the info you need to find and get to a great birding location near you. The Nemesis Bird crew has been helping develop and beta test the app in our spare time over the last few months and we are excited for other people to finally get to use it!
BirdsEye Hotspots is a simple tool for birders. It makes it quick and easy to find nearby hotspots so you can quickly get there and start birding!
- County listers rejoice! Always know which county you are in and which county your hotspots are in.
- Get driving, walking and transit directions to any hotspot worldwide in your favorite apps. Hotspots currently works with many of the popular map and navigation apps.
- Link directly to the new BirdsEye apps to view local abundance charts of the birds found at each hotspot. (requires BirdsEye NA or any of the other regional BirdsEye apps)
- One tap button to copy the latitude and longitude of a hotspot or your current location to quickly share with others.
- Local weather data – you need to know what the conditions will be when searching for your next birding spot. That spot that is excellent in sunny conditions can be brutal when its stormy while rainy weather can prompt you to head to nearby lakes to look for waterfowl.
- Sunrise and sunset times so you always know how much more daylight you have to twitch that rarity.
- World wide access to eBird hotspots
Available now on the App Store.
Note: Requires WiFi or data connection to access hotspot data.
If you have any questions or comments, or to request a review copy for your blog, you can contact us through the form on the Nemesis Code page.